Solved! Looking for price suggestions for laptop I'm selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2020
I'm trying to sell an Acer Aspire 7 A715-71G, used for a bit over a year (Edit: Should also mention the CPU up time is 203 hours), I've looked on Amazon and seen that new ones seem to be 1400$ new, and I've seen a listing for 800$ used. The laptop is in mint condition, all is working well and I've upgraded it slightly.
The specs are:
CPU: i5 7300HQ
GPU: GTX 1050 maxQ
RAM: 16gb (came with 8gb, I added a second 2666mhz stick)
HDD: 1tb

I'm personally thinking about 50% of new, so about 700$ - 800$ would be a fair asking price, but I would appreciate a second opinion.

Last edited:
Solution
You can put the price on it as whatever you want, if it does not sell at that price. lower it.

Compare the speed of your system to what you can buy new. There were several new laptops with a 1050 video card in them for about $800 or less when new (with an i5). I doubt anyone would be looking to pay 700 or 800 for that speed now. My daughter bought a Dell with an i5 and a 1050 card with a solid state drive for under $800 new a few years ago a version of this model...
You can put the price on it as whatever you want, if it does not sell at that price. lower it.

Compare the speed of your system to what you can buy new. There were several new laptops with a 1050 video card in them for about $800 or less when new (with an i5). I doubt anyone would be looking to pay 700 or 800 for that speed now. My daughter bought a Dell with an i5 and a 1050 card with a solid state drive for under $800 new a few years ago a version of this model https://www.newegg.com/p/1TS-000A-0...kGXBBDLq4U66HBSTJ4xoCT1YQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'd say $500 is a price for that system, but like I said price it at what you want at first.

Reactions: Novârch129
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.