Looking for software that can alert me when a fan has stopped.

qtt872002

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
One of my case fans sometimes stops (maybe once a week or so) and the only thing I can do to get it spinning again is manually giving him a little push.
It's fairly new, 2-3 months old, it's clean, and this "getting stuck" thing happens very frequently with my fans (I don't know why, maybe the cold and humidity in my house) so I don't really plan on changing it any time soon.

The problem is I can't see this fan with the case closed so I have to use CPUID HWMonitor (tried Speedfan but won't work with my computer, temperatures are all extremely wrong) from time to time to check if the fan is spinning.

I'm looking for something that can run in the background and send an alert if the fan stops so I don't have to keep checking it.

Do you know anything like that?

My motherboard is a MSI Z97 Gaming5 and I'm running W10.

Thank you!

Power connections all tight?

Any chance that the screws etc. have been over tightened and that some expansion/contraction process is binding the fan?

Maybe loosen it all a bit and try a minor position shift or two if there is any tolerance to do so.

However, if the fan continues to stop you will find yourself continually giving the fan a "little push"...

Still could be a defective fan even if new and clean.

Can you swap fans around to see if the problem moves with the fan or stays with the location.

In any case probably best to just replace the fan and not have to worry about or otherwise continue to manage the problem.