Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan15

Estimable
May 3, 2015
I have used razer electra headphones for the past 3 years and although i think they're great the earpads are starting to tear. I have found many replacement ear cups but alot of the reviews mention how they feel poor quality or less padded than the original. The headphones as far as i know have been discontinued so instead of spending £20+ on ear cups i was wondering if the sennheiser HD 558 are worth a buy.
From what i looked at the HD 558 are audiophile headphones, the electras are for gaming will there been any improvement or downgrade if i were to buy the HD 558. Thanks.

Solution
The term 'Gamer' is only for show in most cases.
They're advertised as so just to draw attention and sell their products while delivering normal quality.

So i'd step away from current "Gaming" parts unless you've really read reviews from it and can guarantee it's efficiency. Otherwise, i'm sure there's a lot more of Headsets that are much better but aren't mainstream.

I own a Sennheiser headset, have used for more than 2 years for every single day for about 6 hours each. Never had a single problem with it, it's sound is great, it doesn't have a mic tho.

If the HD558 is in a decent price, don't let the 'Audiophile' thing missguide you. Just because it's more than good enough it doesn't mean you should stick with just okay things...

manddy123

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
The term 'Gamer' is only for show in most cases.
They're advertised as so just to draw attention and sell their products while delivering normal quality.

So i'd step away from current "Gaming" parts unless you've really read reviews from it and can guarantee it's efficiency. Otherwise, i'm sure there's a lot more of Headsets that are much better but aren't mainstream.

I own a Sennheiser headset, have used for more than 2 years for every single day for about 6 hours each. Never had a single problem with it, it's sound is great, it doesn't have a mic tho.

If the HD558 is in a decent price, don't let the 'Audiophile' thing missguide you. Just because it's more than good enough it doesn't mean you should stick with just okay things, don't you agree?

That's my option, tbh, just check in-depth reviews, get a bit of knowledge in response time, frequencies and such and you will be able to say for youself if the headset is good or not. :)

Hope to have helped

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.