looking for suggestions for replacing desktop with laptop

hawkfisher

Estimable
Jul 12, 2015
Hello everyone. I'm going back to college and my desktop broke again. This time hard disk. I'm looking to replace it with a gamingish laptop rather than dumping more time and money into it. Here's the nitty gritty of what I'm looking for,
my budget max is 1500 the lower the cost the better.
screen size 13-15 in resolution 1080p.
my eyes aren't what they used to be l so I would like a Backlit keyboard. Not required thoe.
battery life is not that important as it will always be on the charger.
I am looking to play pretty much any game released on med-high settings. Also will require to run some modeling programs.
also will be streaming movies.
Most important.I do want this to be reliable under abuse. I'm sick of replacing improperly made parts. If it stops working it's basically garbage.
I will need WiFi and at least 3 usb ports.
I prefer windows 7 over 8. Unless you can make 8 look like a normal computer these days.

I did find 2 that might fit the slot
lenovo y50 and hp omen 15
I'm am open to more suggestions.

I have read about bad quality control issues on lenovo part and I have experience with hp and mac. I do find the I never had an issue with hp or mac. The mac being the most reliable laptop I ever used, still works and should be broken.

Thankyou in advance for your help.

Solution
I don't think the Y50 comes in a configuration that will play new games on high settings, you need more than an 860M for that, at least to play on smooth frames.
A system with a 960M or 870M is better.

If you already know that you will not be careful with the laptop, I'd just get a $800 desktop for gaming and buy a $400 basic laptop so you are not wasting over $1,000 on something that will be tossed around.
I don't think the Y50 comes in a configuration that will play new games on high settings, you need more than an 860M for that, at least to play on smooth frames.
A system with a 960M or 870M is better.

If you already know that you will not be careful with the laptop, I'd just get a $800 desktop for gaming and buy a $400 basic laptop so you are not wasting over $1,000 on something that will be tossed around.

Solution