Looking for two new cameras, need opinions

iamloco724

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Looking for a camera that will be good for action shots at live events such as professional wrestling. I often go to smaller shows where I am in the front row, the action is too quick for my Canon G7X to often pick up clear shots also sometimes dingy lighting can be an issue.

I am not really knowledgeable when it comes to cameras when it comes to manual settings, but I am looking to invest a decent amount of money in a camera that will help me get these shots.

Two that I've looked at are the Sony A6000 and also the top of the line point and shoot DSC-RX100 V.

Portability is very important to me, I don't want anything too bulky which I know limits my options.

At the same time I am also looking for a good point and shoot pocket zoom for bigger arena shows, I won't be able to take a removable lens camera into these shows with the zoom I would need so I figured a different camera for these shows would probably be best.

If I do go with the A6000 please also let me know what lens to pick up. Again size becomes a factor here and for these smaller shows I shouldn't need a huge zoom.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated, any questions feel free to ask.

Solution
First if you want to buy the Sony A6000, you may get the E 55–210 mm F4.5-6.3 OSS http://www.sony.com/electronics/camera-lenses/sel55210 the A6000 can fit with the Sony E series lens, also you are better to buy the lens with built-in image stabilization feature, which can help a lot to get the blur-free photos and videos. If you have budget, may buy the bigger aperture lens, because it will let you take the pictures in higher shutter speed.

And back to your old camera, you have to read the manual for how to take the pictures in different lighting conditions. But usually like the sport event, you need to set the ISO as high as possible, like ISO 800 or up. Also you will need the higher shutter speed and continuous-mode too. One more...

cin19

Distinguished
First if you want to buy the Sony A6000, you may get the E 55–210 mm F4.5-6.3 OSS http://www.sony.com/electronics/camera-lenses/sel55210 the A6000 can fit with the Sony E series lens, also you are better to buy the lens with built-in image stabilization feature, which can help a lot to get the blur-free photos and videos. If you have budget, may buy the bigger aperture lens, because it will let you take the pictures in higher shutter speed.

And back to your old camera, you have to read the manual for how to take the pictures in different lighting conditions. But usually like the sport event, you need to set the ISO as high as possible, like ISO 800 or up. Also you will need the higher shutter speed and continuous-mode too. One more setting: "White Balance Settings" either Tungsten or Fluorescent for indoor. The last thing: make sure you turn off the Flash Light, if they don't allow to use the flash light.

Recommend to read the manual, and other how to take a good photo books/articles, and take a lot of the pictures, get used to how to set those settings in few seconds: ISO, shutting speed, turn on/off flash light, white balance settings, make sure full recharge the battery before you go to the show. And good luck.

Solution