Looking for ultraportable laptop (w/ Laptop Buyers FAQ)

zaid34108

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
hey there, i need a laptop to use in uni for software engineering. Ill mostly be coding, listening to music, browsing the web and using microsoft office.

1. What is your budget?
I would like it to be within AUD$700.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I would prefer a screen size between 14 and 15.6 inches.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Any resolution is fine.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable is needed.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Atleast 5 hours with average use, so it can last me through a day of uni.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No games will be played.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Coding, browsing the web, music, watching videos and using microsoft office applications.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
256gb is preferred, but I wouldn't mind 128gb.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any places that are local to Australia are great, although I wouldn't mind international links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 2 years and if possible plan to last me through my 4 year course at uni.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
An optical drive isnt needed.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any brand is ok, except acer. I have had bad experiences with the quality of their products.

13. What country do you live in?
Australia.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I don't mind if no os is installed and the type of screen is not a problem aswell. I would like atleast a haswell i3 or a 3rd gen i5 and for the laptop to weigh 2.2 kg and be 2.2 cm thick max. Thank you for your time :D