Looking for under $400 laptop that can play dota 2 in med setting.

Joshua_9

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
Looking for a laptop that is UNDER $400 that can play dota 2,cs go and other games in med setting. If you can find one that can play dota 2, cs go and other games that has 1tb hd, I would like to but that, Thanks :D (Note, I don't know anything about things AMD, GPU or i5 things like that, but I search the internet to see game benchmarks).

Solution
It is possible to play Dota 2 on a $400 laptop since it is not a very demanding game. The link below references a thread that I answered today.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2801452/laptop-400-school-work-light-gaming.html

The laptop referred to in my response is the following Acer Aspire laptop for $400 from Microcenter. It has a Core i5-5200u CPU which has an integrated Intel HD 5500 graphics core. It only has 4GB of RAM. I recommend you purchase another stick of 4GB for a little better perform.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/452035/Aspire_E5-573-58FN_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Charcoal_Gray

I have provided a link in my post to Dota 2 being played on a Dell XPS 13 with the same Core i5-5200u CPU and Intel HD 5500...

VladimirPutinIsOP

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015
Good luck , with that. Your going to be spending at least 1000 bucks for a decent gaming laptop. If you can , invest in an actual PC. If you really wanted , you could wait for November 10th , when the Steam Machines are officially released. They have decent performance at a low price tag. The lowest Alienware Alpha would cost you $450 and you could easily get high settings at 1080p when playing CS:GO

@Joshua, get your expectation in the reality...
"Decent" laptop (i3, 4GB, 500/1000GB HDD, on-board video) will eat your budget. I don't play games, but I suspect you will need discrete GPU for decent video performance, and this moves you above $600.

You might want to check some "refurbished" Dell's, Lenovo's which pop up here and there on Amazon/NewEgg/Fry's. Your budget will probably get you i5 and low-end discrete GPU.

It is possible to play Dota 2 on a $400 laptop since it is not a very demanding game. The link below references a thread that I answered today.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2801452/laptop-400-school-work-light-gaming.html

The laptop referred to in my response is the following Acer Aspire laptop for $400 from Microcenter. It has a Core i5-5200u CPU which has an integrated Intel HD 5500 graphics core. It only has 4GB of RAM. I recommend you purchase another stick of 4GB for a little better perform.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/452035/Aspire_E5-573-58FN_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Charcoal_Gray

I have provided a link in my post to Dota 2 being played on a Dell XPS 13 with the same Core i5-5200u CPU and Intel HD 5500 graphics core. It is played at 1920x1080 resolution. I also provided a link for CS:GO being demonstrated on a Dell XPS 13 at 1440x900 resolution. You should also be able to play LoL with not problems either since it has low system requirements.

You need to realize that the Intel HD 5500 less powerful than a low end dedicated GPU so you need to have low expectations. I can tell you that Skyrim is playable using the Intel HD 5500 because I set it up to run on a friend's laptop with a slightly less powerful Intel HD 4400. Skyrim will be playable at 40 FPS on average (maybe slightly more) at 1366x768, but you will need to disable shadows in the SkyrimPref.ini file (Google it).

Solution

Joshua_9

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015

I heard that windows 10 is like a spyware that collects your data. I dont know what a dvd drive is.

All versions of Windows since Win 7 (and perhaps before) collects data on how you use the operating system to some degree. The data is generally used to help develop better versions of Windows in the future. If you are scared of companies collecting data on how you use electronics, then my advice is to not use any electronic device at all... especially a smartphone.

Have you ever heard of a DVD? Movies that are stored on a disc? A DVD drive reads DVDs and CDs. They can generally burn data to blank CD and DVDs as well.