looking to buy 1st tablet

beast3

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I need to replace a netbook and need advice on a tablet so here's my answers to life's most important questions.

1. Is This Your First Time Buying A Tablet? Yes

2. Do you already have an operating system in mind? Would prefer Win 7 as I'm most experienced with that but is it touchscreen compatible? Otherwise an OS that can share files with a Win 7 PC if possible. I have used a Mac is past but no experience with Android or Win 8.

3. What screen size do you have in mind? 10" min, 14 max, res not that important

4. Preferred Brand(s) -prefer major prand, ie Microsoft, Apple, Asus, Acer,Samsung, Dell, etc. 5
5. Brands Not Preferred (specify why)small companies with limited tech support

6. How much do you want to spend on your tablet?
$200-500
7. Do you have cellular service? Or do you want the tablet to be WiFi only? wifi only

8. If you do have cellular service, who is your provider and how much data are you allowed per month? n/a

9. Do you want the tablet to be a full laptop replacement? Not quite but almost. I have 2nd laptop that is used for heavy-duty computing and a desktop also. Tablet is for web, email,limited word processing, and light video & music/mp3 use.

10. What existing apps do you use? What do you intend to do with this tablet.no apps now. will use as above and while traveling so GPS/map apps good as well as travel & camping related apps. It will be go-to devce for web searches on the fly, finding restaurants, etc. camera nice but not essential. long battery life, usb connection for external storage and file transfer, capable of wireless printing to Canon all in one needed. Detachable rigid keyboard also needed, at least as option.
Any and all suggestions appreciated.
Thanks!
Beast3