Looking to buy a gaming yet functional/practical laptop for college!

Xela_Mik

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
Hey guys,
I'm going to be going off to college soon, and was thinking about buying a college that could handle my teenager past time! BUT also be as functional/practical as I guess how Apple Macbooks/air are college student friendly. (Might be terrible comparison, but my two older bros have them but they don't play games also I don't think I want one because they would suck with any games)

1. What is your budget?
Around $1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I would like the screen to be around 15" But I wouldn't mind sacrificing a larger screen size because I don't want it to be overly heavy also I might buy an extra monitor so I have a bigger screen for my dorm (while gaming/movies etc.)

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080 is good , anything higher would be unnecessary

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Around 6 hours to be safe maybe 4/5. I do not know how often I'll have an outlet near me.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I usually will just play League of Legends, GMOD, CS:GO, Blade and Soul, all hopefully on high or medium-high, AT LEAST medium.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Taking notes, casual gaming, internet browsing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I would like 1tb.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I'm currently just surfing newegg for deals and laptops but I will purchase from other sites.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I would like the laptop to be in working condition for the 4 years of college. Maybe more.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc?
A standard CD/DVD drive is needed.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm open to pretty much anything.

13. What country do you live in?
USA.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Like I mentioned before, I would have bought the Macbook Pro, because how it is so compatible with my I-Phone and how it's, I guess college student friendly, but because I want to be casually gaming, I would need a better laptop.

If you guys have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer it.
Thanks guys for the help. I appreciate it.

Solution
For a laptop that can run games pretty well, you will be limited with battery life, so you need a bit of a compromise there. The 4+ hr battery systems are really only in the range or standard use systems without gaming class video cards.