Looking to buy a laptop, is this good? Any suggestions?

Pacoheadley

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Hi everybody, I have had trouble with a laptop at Aarons for some time now, and I am getting a refund for my old laptop there. This money will be most of what I will be using to buy a new laptop.

I am looking for a laptop that can at least play any modern game at low-medium graphics, including something like Battlefield 3, even if it only gets about 30 FPS. I also would strongly prefer if the price was not much over $600. After shopping around some, I have came to this laptop, and Acer Aspire, with an Intel i-5 processor. It has 4 GB of RAM, and an AMD Radeon HD 6650M graphics card. Here is a link to the laptop for a bit more information - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1798038&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=CLyjlYWl17ECFUYCQAodiVwA7g.

The graphics card itself can be found on notebook-check, if anybody wants more information on that.

So, would this laptop be good for what I am looking for? Battery life is not a factor that will really matter for me, and I am fine with its size, I actually prefer the larger laptops. If anybody has any other suggestions for a laptop that might be a better choice, I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Pacoheadley

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Which one of the 1st two do you think would be the best overall? I see it says the Acer's graphics card runs about the same as the HP's, and the HP has a bit more RAM (hardly a difference, I know), but I do not think I want to buy refurbished. (I also can't get the link for the HP to load at the moment).

Pacoheadley

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
That link was taking me to the wrong one, but I found it now by typing it into google. Would that one be a better choice as is? Also, I could change either the processor or graphics card right on HP, and it would up the price to $600. Would it be a better idea to upgrade the processor or graphics card given their options? One more thing, I have been used to a laptop with a 1600x900 resolution, how much of a downgrade is 1366x768?

Pacoheadley

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
I'm sorry, my post was unclear. For the 2nd HP, the link didn't come up right so I had to find it myself, just google HP Pavilion dv6z-7000 to find it. From there, in the customization settings, I have my upgrade options for the processor and graphics card. If I only choose to upgrade 1 at a max of $75, would the Radeon 7730M be my best choice? Better than the Acer I am guessing?

And yes, I am used to 17.3" 1600x900.

Pacoheadley

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
I don't see where the coupon is, but thanks for all the help, I'll probably go with that one! Also, I did not know you owned that site, it is pretty cool.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 3
2 Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1