tweetyman

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
1_What is your budget? Approximately $1000

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Between 6 - 9 lbs

3_What screen resolution do you want? 1280x800 to 1440x900

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Both

5_How much battery life do you need? At least an 8 cell battery

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Call of Duty (Medium)

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.) Movies, music, multi-tasking.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? I would like at least a 250 GB, but preferably a 320 GB. I know I can upgrade that if it would be cheaper for me to upgrade myself.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. Newegg, buy.com, bestbuy, or any other recommended sites.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? at least 5 years

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them. I am looking for a laptop to allow for my computer repair business. I would like to be able to provide onsite scans as well, as multitask. I also would like to use it for my leisure. I am looking to spend approximately $1000 (give or take) The Ideal OS would be Vista business 64-bit, but not a deal breaker if it is out of my budget. I would like to have at least 3mb cached, minimum 4GB DDR3 memory and the max 8 GB. Ideally, the CPU should be Core 2 Duo 2.4 or higher. I do not need a top of the line Graphics card, which can be a later model. I was looking at the acer travelmate 6953, but it has an integrated intel graphics card. I would like to have one with its own dedicated RAM at least 256 MB. Ultimately, I am looking for one that can last years, and will support most essential applications and Windows 7 when it is release.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I am looking for a brand that can meet my demand or almost meet it. I would also like to be able to find additional hardware for it without looking for a needle in a haystack. Basically, availability on the web when looking for parts.

13_What country do you live in? USA

Kazkaz

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009

I suggest you consider the HP Pavilion HDX16-1140US, specs: Vista Premium, i2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 processor, 500 GB hard drive, 4 GB RAM (8 GB max), LightScribe dual-layer DVD drive Draft-N Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n); Bluetooth; Gigabit Ethernet; Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT graphics (up to 2302 MB total) Connectivity: 4 USB (with 1 shared eSATA), 1 FireWire, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, ExpressCard 54/34, 5-in-1 memory card reader
Case: Miltigiant 20 Largest Multi Design Nb Case

$1000 at http://www.ecomelectronics.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=4645
$1040 after rebate at http://www.amazon.com/Pavilion-HDX [...] 529&sr=8-1