Looking to improve speed and internet experience

danielflorina

Estimable
Dec 8, 2014
Hi, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook T4020D and the problem I have is slow internet experience. Installed is Windows 7, Chipset Intel® 915GM, 1.5 GB RAM, Integrated Intel® PRO/Wireless Network Connection (Tri-mode 802.11a/b/g). Aside from upgrading to 2 GB RAM, what else do you think I can do to improve speed on this machine? Thanks.

Solution
If you haven't yet upgraded your OS drive to an SSD, that is the one single upgrade that will massively improve everything!! Including your internet experience since hard drive speeds and anti-virus software won't be slowing you down in the same way as they likely are at present.

Check the spec of your laptop to see if you have Sata 3 - if you have you can go for the fastest of the current SSDs availble, otherwise go for the best value, for example the Crucial MX100.

snowctrl

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
If you haven't yet upgraded your OS drive to an SSD, that is the one single upgrade that will massively improve everything!! Including your internet experience since hard drive speeds and anti-virus software won't be slowing you down in the same way as they likely are at present.

Check the spec of your laptop to see if you have Sata 3 - if you have you can go for the fastest of the current SSDs availble, otherwise go for the best value, for example the Crucial MX100.

Solution