looking to recoat my laptop with thermal paste

Kaitlin Kaschak459

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
hello i have an HP ELITE BOOK 8530P and im going to have my uncle take the laptop apart remove the old thermal past and apply new thermal place but i have no clue whats the best thermal place to buy for a job like this i want the best of the best so my laptop will stay as col as it can so what do u recommend

Kaitlin Kaschak459

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
i have used artic silver 5 but im wondering whats the best of the best since this is a laptop i want a thermal paste that will produce the lowest temps possible i should state that my cpu is an intel core 2 duo and my gpu is a mobility amd hd 3650 256 meg gpu also is there a way for me to cool my laptop ram

pauls3743

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
If you're getting problems with overheating it's more likely that your heatsinks are blocked up with hair and dust. Clean that out, apply new AC5 and you should be good to go.

Of course, it should be noted that most laptops are a pain to strip down and rebuild as they were designed for aesthetics, light build and battery longevity, not easy of maintenance.

Kaitlin Kaschak459

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
i run cpuid hardware monitor and so far no problems but since i have had the laptop for over a year and since i bought it used i thought id re grease it with new thermal paste i have no over heating probs just wanna repaste it since its a year and a half old