Looking to replace my comcast internet w/ a hotspot

jmorc7

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
So Comcast just told me today that they're going to increase the price I pay by just about double.

I was already considering switching carriers when the new iPhone comes out and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a carrier that will offer unlimited hotspot use. I am a heavy user and this hotspot would cover multiple people so we use maybe 100gb a month. It doesn't have to be super high speed. Anything for basic streaming of Netflix would be enough.

(note can't use Sprint as it doesn't get a signal in my house)

Solution
Does not make sense about the price increase, were you on a introductory plan and that ended? The carrier you can use depends on what is available in your area, do some checking. There is really not a lot of cell plans that offer such a service, and if it does, it will be for sure more expensive than getting internet from a standard ISP.

Did you already contact Comcast customer service and ask them about the billing? Every time I had my rates go up from the introductory one, I just contacted the ISP, asked them what they can do since I did not really want to stay with them at that price and they found a plan that was much cheaper for me every time. Even if you don't get the exact same price, you can save a lot. In my case it was...
Does not make sense about the price increase, were you on a introductory plan and that ended? The carrier you can use depends on what is available in your area, do some checking. There is really not a lot of cell plans that offer such a service, and if it does, it will be for sure more expensive than getting internet from a standard ISP.

Did you already contact Comcast customer service and ask them about the billing? Every time I had my rates go up from the introductory one, I just contacted the ISP, asked them what they can do since I did not really want to stay with them at that price and they found a plan that was much cheaper for me every time. Even if you don't get the exact same price, you can save a lot. In my case it was about $40-60 a month from spending 5 minutes in an online chat with someone. They are more interested in keeping you as a customer than getting more out of you each month.

Solution