Solved! Lose internet connection in browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

elhadi91

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Hello,

I am seeking help from you guys regarding my internet connection that i keep loosing every now and then.

What's weird about it is, i would be working normaly in Chrome or Firefox and suddenly it tells me that i no longer have internet connection, all thought the network icon in the task bar shows that i have my connection on and i seem to be able to download torrents perfectly fine. I only lose the internet connection in my browsers and the only way fix that is restart my pc which is a realy pain and waste of time.

If anybody has an idea why this is happening please tell me, because i would realy need some help here !

Thank you in advance

Solution
Then it is still possible that the connection is being dropped, or going extremely slow, so that the browser won't work correctly, and when it restarts or ups the speed again, even if it is only a few moments, the browser may not be able to compensate and so gets stuck. It happens.

I would start by monitoring your internet connection for fluctuations.
It is possible that the browsers are detecting a fluctuation in the connection, which then won't fix until restarted. It is also possible there is something on the computer that is the cause. I would start with limiting what you have running at the time and monitor when it happens. See if it is due to certain things you are doing, or certain sites visiting. Also monitor the connection to your ISP.

elhadi91

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
It is possible that the browsers are detecting a fluctuation in the connection, which then won't fix until restarted. It is also possible there is something on the computer that is the cause. I would start with limiting what you have running at the time and monitor when it happens. See if it is due to certain things you are doing, or certain sites visiting. Also monitor the connection to your ISP.

Thank you for your repy.

I did a full scan with Bitdefender and Malwarebytes on my pc and nothing was found. I don't usualy have anything significant running in the background, it's just the browser on.

I mostly spend my time on websites that i'm working on and youtube, so there is nothing shady about the websites that i'm accessing. It is realy weird that i loose connection in one place and that i have it otherwise.

What could it possibly be ?

elhadi91

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
I am not sure I understand. What do you mean by lose it in one place? When doing one thing or only with browsers or do you mean something else?

I mean when i'm browsing the internet through my browsers i get suddenly an error message in the browser saying something like "Internet not available".

But keep in mind, that even after that happens, i still have my network status connection on and i can still download torrents !

Then it is still possible that the connection is being dropped, or going extremely slow, so that the browser won't work correctly, and when it restarts or ups the speed again, even if it is only a few moments, the browser may not be able to compensate and so gets stuck. It happens.

I would start by monitoring your internet connection for fluctuations.

Solution

elhadi91

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Sounds logical. It's true that it becomes slow for no reason sometimes, but in torrent download the speed is relatively high.

Let's follow your advice, how would you recommend me to monitor my connection for fluctuation ? What is the best way ?

Thank you

There are places online that can run tests for you, or you can download a program that can monitor it. What you want is something to keep an eye on both the speeds, to see if they fluctuate, and also to tell you if the connection is ever dropped. Also having it check for noise is a good idea.

elhadi91

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Thank you man, i realy appreciate your follow up and your valuable help.

I did download GlassWire to monitor my connection as you have advised, after over an hour, the same thing happened, i lost my connection in Chrome, i got this:
ntLgjHv.png

However, even though i lost connection with Chrome i noticed something realy weird in the monitor, Chrome was still uploading like 950kb/s which is the approximate value of my maxium downloading rate for my connection speed.

I closed chrome and it just kept on uploading. Here is the screenshot:
9OBXWyO.png

What do you make of this ? What does this means ?

I would check to see if it occurs with other browsers as well. And I really suggest you do some deep scans for viruses, malware, spyware, etc. as it shouldn't do that. But if you are using torrents, well that is a great way to get things on your computer that you don't want. Additionally check your system for what else may be running in the background that you actually aren't the one using.

elhadi91

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
I would check to see if it occurs with other browsers as well. And I really suggest you do some deep scans for viruses, malware, spyware, etc. as it shouldn't do that. But if you are using torrents, well that is a great way to get things on your computer that you don't want. Additionally check your system for what else may be running in the background that you actually aren't the one using.

I had an old RJ45 cable and i changed it with a new one, and since then i no longer have that problem :)

Thank you for your help !

Status
Not open for further replies.