Lost my two favorite settings to KitKat, can you help me find them?

I have an ATT Galaxy S4 with a rooted 4.4.2 Android. I'm missing two things that I used to have with my previous Android version. Can you point me to the settings for them?

First, messages and appointments alert once - tone and vibrate. I used to have it set to repeat that every five minutes until I noticed. Can't find the setting now.

Second, the keyboard used to have one special character on every key - hold the key down, and you get the special character. Now these have migrated to the period key - hold it down, and you get a menu of special characters.

Your help will be much appreciated. Even rewarded with a BA.

Solution
If you're rooted I imagine you're using a custom ROM. You should probably get with the ROM developer about that as they tend to move and remove settings to their liking. No way of knowing where they are without knowing what ROM you are using and even then we've have to be using that ROM to see for certain.

If you're rooted but instead using the stock ROM (OTA updated), as far as the keyboard goes the only other place it might be would be in the keyboard settings, which you can get to by going to Settings | Language and Input and hitting the settings button for your particular keyboard. I imagine though that this is just gone if the keyboard was updated.

Assuming you're using the default messaging app, it's in the apps settings...

AGx-07_162

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
If you're rooted I imagine you're using a custom ROM. You should probably get with the ROM developer about that as they tend to move and remove settings to their liking. No way of knowing where they are without knowing what ROM you are using and even then we've have to be using that ROM to see for certain.

If you're rooted but instead using the stock ROM (OTA updated), as far as the keyboard goes the only other place it might be would be in the keyboard settings, which you can get to by going to Settings | Language and Input and hitting the settings button for your particular keyboard. I imagine though that this is just gone if the keyboard was updated.

Assuming you're using the default messaging app, it's in the apps settings. Launch the App, hit Menu then Settings. Look for Notification Settings and then Message alert repetition (or however they worded it for the new version).

Solution
It's a rooted stock rom. Got the message alert to repeat, thanks. Keyboard is just a choice of three with no further settings, so I guess I lost it. Anybody want to clue me in on a downloadable custom keyboard? Is there such a thing?

EDIT: The keyboard type is Samsung keyboard. Other choices are Swype and Google voice typing, and I know those two ain't it.

AGx-07_162

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

I guess you'd have to define custom. My personal preference is SwiftKey. It costs a few bucks but its well worth it. Far more accurate than that Samsung keyboard and more feature rich as well. I've been using Android since it was first released and using SwiftKey since it was first available. No regrets.