Lost of memories

mostacka

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
I have a Sony Vaio laptop with windows XP and I lost the memories completely what I should to do to get it back

mostacka

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with windows XP and I lost the memories completely after Windows updating, after restart my laptop windows started and after a few seconds the screen got blue with the message “your virtually memories are completely full and after that I can do anything.

Ok, not memories, but memory. System is saying your virtual memory is low. virtual memory is windows using your hard drive space to compensate for a low amount of system RAM memory modules.

Try booting the computer into safe mode.

Otherwise you can try doing a repair install of it, outside of that you will have to do a full reinstall windows.

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Windows XP

Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
In the Performance pane, click Settings.
In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
In the Virtual memory pane, click Change.
Change the Initial size value and the Maximum size value to a higher value, click Set, and then click OK.
Click OK to close the Performance Options dialog box, and then click OK to close the System Properties dialog box.

Try this, i only copy/paste it from microsoft website. A simple research on google would of got you to the same results. Try this and let us know. And please use the right terms as Boosted1g already mentionned we cannot read your mind.

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

Or get more ram, or a new pc and a newer version of windows.

mostacka

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012

English is my second language, then I do apologize and thank you for the correction and your suggestion, I will try to do that, thank you