Lots of People Suing Apple for iPhone 4 Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Lawyers looking for people with iPhones so they can file a few lawsuits. I bet they wont have much trouble finding them.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
Is it just me, or is anyone else failing to understand how a "software issue" can be caused by physical interactions that aren't interacting with the software?

guantan

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
...by adopting AT&T’s recommended formula for calculating... If they are the phones actual carrier then why would you use something else?

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Good so the problem is that you built a phone that has ****** reception to begin with. The only prob is that the software is also shitty and shows more bars then deserved. And that's not your problem.

*Post edited by moderator* Cool it on the language.

alphadark

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
So there are Apple product owners that don't think Steve Jobs is god and are going up against him?

My faith in the human race is restored.

Tuguz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Part of me is really happy about this whole thing because I have a few friends who are rabid apple fans, this whole thing allowed me to take a break from their endless rambling how apple is the world leader in technology.

jakemo136

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Sooo.... the part I don't understand is this: If a product has that many issues right out of the box, wouldn't any normal person simply RETURN IT!? Rather than filing a class action lawsuit? It seems to me that if all these people that were having issues with their phones simply returned them, costing Apple profits, that would get the message across a lot clearer than simply sitting and whining, while Apple laughs all the way to the bank....

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]so the software is going to show the bars more accurately, you STILL CANT HOLD IT THAT WAY WITHOUT LOSING RECEPTION. THAT IS NOT A FIX FFS[/citation]
You're right. What's going to happen is that the 'math error' will be fixed with a patch that also fixes 'hopefully' the reception issue when you hold it wrong.

G

it just me but they are saying that their formula OVER STATES reception, therefore when the phone drops 2 bars which it apparently doesn't have in the first place means that you will in theory see even greater signal degradation when you hold it 'in the wrong way'

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I don't see how the bar representation has anything to do with the reception dropping out completley when you hold it "wrong". It seeems apple is trying to wave it's magic wand.

Don't fret people. The next Iphone that comes out will be "revolutionary" with it's new atenna

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
[citation][nom]jakemo136[/nom]Sooo.... the part I don't understand is this: If a product has that many issues right out of the box, wouldn't any normal person simply RETURN IT!? Rather than filing a class action lawsuit? It seems to me that if all these people that were having issues with their phones simply returned them, costing Apple profits, that would get the message across a lot clearer than simply sitting and whining, while Apple laughs all the way to the bank....[/citation]

I've been scratching my head ever since I heard of the whole lawsuit thing, there is a 30day return policy. If you're unhappy with the product, return it. If you bought a product from Target that you were unhappy with would you sue them? This whole thing just make no sense.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I don't understand why people would buy something that does not work and sue. I personally will not buy it Why go through the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.