Loud Popping or banging coming from TV or sound bar

jackiebowlsbear

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
Recently we have had loud Popping or banging noises coming from behind the TV. We we're convinced it was coming from the wall but last night, it seems it maybe from the Sound Bar. We have a Samsung TV and sound bar. We turned the bar off and are going to leave for the weekend. Any idea as to what is happening, we thought we were going mad!!

jackiebowlsbear

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
Thanks, it is definitely the sound bar, left off over the weekend, put it on tonight and after two hours loud popping heard. So what’s happening with the sound bar? Is there a short within? Should I refer back to Samsung?

Try a different cable or re-seat the connections. A loose optical cable can be very annoying. If it's in warranty, yes contact Samsung.

Jul 13, 2018
I was having the same issue. I have a Samsung 4K UHD TV with a Sony sound bar. I have been using the sound bar with the optical audio cable plugged into it and connected to the cable box on the other end. I tried a new Rocketfish optical cable and that did not fix the problem. I then realized both my TV and sound bar have bluetooth capability so I synced the two together and have not heard one pop since.