Low fps on laptop

jordannnnno

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Hi im using an okay laptop but im only getting a maximum of 20 fps on my games like pubg and squad.
Laptop specs
Type:Lenovo-Z50

Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @2.00GHz 2.60GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 8.00GB(7.89 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit operating system,x64-based processor

Can anyone help im not very good at computer stuff and im hoping someone can help me

Solution
I would most likely assume that the Pc is using integrated graphics, meaning your cpu is doing what it would usually AND generate the pixels to create for your, I guess, embedded monitor. A dedicated graphics card is a stand-alone component that is, well, dedicated to generating the display, which can optimize how smooth and how detailed your display is, while taking the load off of your cpu. Assuming you have a laptop, you probably can’t fit one in. In order to run the game smoothly, you would either have to build your own desktop (as laptop building is difficult) or buy a high end one, but even then would the Desktop best the laptop.

jgustin7b

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
I would most likely assume that the Pc is using integrated graphics, meaning your cpu is doing what it would usually AND generate the pixels to create for your, I guess, embedded monitor. A dedicated graphics card is a stand-alone component that is, well, dedicated to generating the display, which can optimize how smooth and how detailed your display is, while taking the load off of your cpu. Assuming you have a laptop, you probably can’t fit one in. In order to run the game smoothly, you would either have to build your own desktop (as laptop building is difficult) or buy a high end one, but even then would the Desktop best the laptop.

Solution

jordannnnno

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

jgustin7b

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
Trust me. I had an i7 laptop with 8 gb of ram (although it was an older i7...) and the multiplayer craft and battle game “Robocraft” was merely unplayable. Some FPS games had extreme lag. Sorry about that in the end...

jordannnnno

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017