Low fps with gtx675m i7 3610 2.4ghz

lowfpspleasehelp

Estimable
May 23, 2014
Could someone possibly give me some solutions. I have everything running on max performance and everything is set to my gfx card and processor. I believe the onboard stuff is not running, but I am not sure because i really don't understand the lack of performance. The wear level on the battery is 21%, but should my performance be that hindered. Right now I play WoW on all low and get like 35fps in raid fights i sit in 40-60 when doing nothing. But there are times where I have seen 200+ fps and then I don't get it again. With WoW on my cores are running in the mid 70's and my gfx card is in the mid 80's .

<<Sys Info removed by moderator>>

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Those are high temperatures for both the CPU and the GPU and could explain the drop in performance. When components get too hot, they will throttle back to prevent damage. This means a drop in performance and heat generated. Once the components cool down to acceptable levels, they will speed back up until they get too hot again.

Are you fans running at max speed all of the time? Also, have you cleaned the dust from your fan intake/exhaust ports before?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Your laptop has at least 2 fans inside of it. You have one for the CPU heatsink and one for the GPU heatsink. They get dirty over time.

I am not talking about a laptop cooler that you set your system on.

Unless your brother is playing at the same resolution and video settings, you can't directly compare them. If that is the case, and your hardware is identical otherwise (nvidia vs. Intel), then you could have another problem. Like a defective GPU (not likely at this point).

lowfpspleasehelp

Estimable
May 23, 2014
After cleaning my laptop which helped tremendously. I am now receiving failed to restart display driver blue screen error messages. When cleaning my laptop i only removed things i could literally grab with my hands i did not use compressed air or anything like that. Whatever i did worked because i went from playing on low to ultra with 70 fps easy. But now im blue screening with a display driver error everytime any ideas?