Low-quality recording on laptop

Khoi Khoi

Commendable
May 23, 2016
Everything I record on my computer, like gaming footage or just even recording my desktop is blurry and low quality. After trying a lot of different softwares, I came to the conclusion that it's my laptop causing this, not the recording programs.

I do not know how to fix this issue so any help is appreciated.

Hi,

Have you tried Camtasia screen recorder? Please refer to the link below for guide on how to change recording quality.

https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/203729528-Camtasia-Windows-Produced-videos-are-blurry-or-seem-low-quality

If it will not work, do a clean install of the graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed.
- After the reboot, do also make sure your GPU is set as the default.

Khoi Khoi

Commendable
May 23, 2016
I haven't tried Camtasia screen recorder, I will try it right now, as well as the reinstallation of my graphics driver. Thank you for the advice, I will report back once this has been done.

Khoi Khoi

Commendable
May 23, 2016
After trying Camtasia and re-installing my graphics driver, I found out the the recording on other softwares are still blurry like normal, however Camtasia somehow records high quality like it is supposed to. Now I don't know if it's the programs causing the problem or my laptop. Since my Camtasia trial only lasts 30 days, I'll have to get the same thing to work on other programs such as Fraps, OBS Studio, or even the Windows Gaming (Window + G) software. Please help me if you know how to fix this, thank you.

Khoi Khoi

Commendable
May 23, 2016
My laptop is a HP Pavilion 15 AB071TX.
I'm not sure about the codec but I searched all the tutorials online to make sure that my settings are right and if they match the recommended settings or not. I tried using 8000 bitrate for 1080p youtube 30fps but the quality still stays the same. Afterwards, I also tried 25000 but it didn't change anything. The software im trying to use is OBS Studio but I've also tried other softwares like Fraps but they still produce the same quality.

If you need anymore information regarding my laptop then I'll be happy to provide them, thank you.