LulzSec Reborn, Hacks Into Military Dating Site, CSS Corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Whoever did this are hiding behind a secret identity (LulzSec), or whatever group did this, but they turn around and expose innocent peoples personal info to the public. What an embarrassment and fail to decency and humanity.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I think these people are more stupid then the "real" LulzSec. A military dating site, really.
"And admins from CSS Corp I know that you are smarter than the others please don't search for proof we will delete your whole database
. Ummm, I would think they would backup their database every night, just like any other company. I would think any hacker would know that. So, that would be pointless on the hackers part. I don't see them being around that long. Go back in your parents basement and play some more xbox or playstation!!

tofu2go

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
This is terrible... The life of an enlisted soldier is not easy, especially w.r.t. having a normal relationship when you are being deployed for months to a year at a time. Many soldiers joined with good intentions to serve their country. Other did it for the benefits, e.g. pay for school, provide for family, etc... A dating site for military personnel might sound funny to a civilian, but if you think about it, it probably serves a real need. pharoahhalfdead is absolutely right, this is a failure of human decency. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]I think these people are more stupid then the "real" LulzSec. A military dating site, really. . Ummm, I would think they would backup their database every night, just like any other company. I would think any hacker would know that. So, that would be pointless on the hackers part. I don't see them being around that long. Go back in your parents basement and play some more xbox or playstation!![/citation]

Good job, using an overused internet cliche to attempt and "insult" him. Please.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]I think these people are more stupid then the "real" LulzSec. A military dating site, really. . Ummm, I would think they would backup their database every night, just like any other company. I would think any hacker would know that. So, that would be pointless on the hackers part. I don't see them being around that long. Go back in your parents basement and play some more xbox or playstation!![/citation]
true, but corners are always cut, and its a pain to... god i cant remember the word... re do the un delete? cant think right now for some reason.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Once again all those repeated hacks shows how much the corporations are lacking when it com,es to protect peoples private data... and even during all this they want to roll out the cloud more than ever. Shows how serious they take our information!

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]pharoahhalfdead[/nom]Whoever did this are hiding behind a secret identity (LulzSec), or whatever group did this, but they turn around and expose innocent peoples personal info to the public. What an embarrassment and fail to decency and humanity.[/citation]

Yeah I mean, this administration would never do anything like that.. open borders policy; North American Union; driving Americans off their land, war; sending the economy to hell in hand-basket and lately, playing the race card in a case where the full fact's aren't even known yet.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

G

Long live Hackers! Let’s show those clowns in the Government what real threat some people can be and are not doing indiscriminately because hackers also have morals like everyone else, unlike most people in Government we know.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]Brando Braganza[/nom]Long live Hackers! Let’s show those clowns in the Government what real threat some people can be and are not doing indiscriminately because hackers also have morals like everyone else, unlike most people in Government we know.[/citation]
What does this have to do with government doing us wrong, its a dating site for military men and women. You sir, are the clown. Your lack of any sort of human compassion towards these men and woman is the root of all that is wrong with this free thinking society. "Oh i can hack, i better hack and release it for all the public to see! They deserve it!" No they dont, you want to be a decent productive human being and actually want to make the country better and more secure, tell said company how you got in, how to patch it. These hacker groups are a pain in the rear end for all of us and are only putting fuel to things like SOPA. What a great representation of short sighted uninformed group of insensitive human beings.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This is not a military site. It is a service that caters to military folks. In actuality, it is no different than any of the other specialty dating sites (like the one's for Christians, older folks, etc).

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This is not a government or military website. Just a commercial site that caters to military folks. It is no different that the other "specialty" dating sites (like for older folks, Christians, etc).

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]theeyeshaveit[/nom]Exposing vulnerability in the only way YOU will listen[/citation]

So if I take YOUR car for a joy ride is ok as long as you left the keys in it ?
May I also take food out of your fridge if you forgot to lock your front door ?

Come on, these folks are nothing but opportunistic criminals.

ragenalien

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Really guys? You're hung up on it being a military dating site? They did this to garner attention and to probably do a real world test of their procedures on a mid level target. Heck, they probably hacked a hundred other sites before this but none of them mattered enough. This is more than likely NOT just trying to get at some soldiers so much as to tell everyone "hey, we're important and going to F%$# some stuff up". Call it a warning shot if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.