Mac Mini For Android And iOS Development

dev54

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015
I' m planing to upgrade my computer for mobile application development purpose. The platforms I have targeted for now is Android. But in future I ll start iOS development too. So I have decided to buy mac mini with below specification.

2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
8GB memory
Intel Iris Graphics
1TB hard drive1
OS X Yosemite

What I want to know is how mac mini perform when running Android emulators ? For example I ll be tested the application all the device hardware skins given by android emulator like Nexus 5, 7 and 10 inch Tablet.Also I want to know how long I can use mac mini with above specification for mobile application development ?

Your replies will be highly appreciated
Thank You

dev54

Estimable
Jul 14, 2015

Alabalcho, Thank you for the reply.

But I m confused with what you have told here. As I know I can develop android application by using Mac only. Currently I use a iMac with intel core i5 2.9 GHz and 8GB ram. It works fine when running Android emulators but it's not mine. So I want to buy a mac. I plan to go for Mac mini with above spec. What I want to know is if I use mac mini with above spec to develop android applications will there be performace issues when running emulators. Because I have to face emulator starting problem when I using my core i3 2.1 GHz laptop with 4GB memory. It usually take more than 5 min to start emulator with Android 5.0 Os.

Thanks