Mac OSX Cracked for PCs/More Update Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Censorship is not right if the do it so one side as apple always has. To be an american company how to the not want to uphold free speak ann the fact that i should be able to write or say what ever i want as long as i am not defacing there site or fibbing about the facts that i have written

G

I understand the agrevation users may have about not being able to get a discount on leopard for computers purchased in August or September. However, it has been a long time practice of Apple's to offer discounted upgrades of the lates OS to customers who purchase new computer within a month of release of the New OS. Apple could have extended it out to folks who purchased new computers in August and September and they would have had folks crying foul because they purchased their new computers in June or July. This is not Apples problem, the problem lies with the customer.

Concerning the other matter, I believe that the apple representitives were reiterating the contents of Apple SLA and not commenting on whether or in it is physically possible to install the software on an x86 computer or to install the software on a second Mac. I do not consider this to be spreading lies, but rather re-iterating policy.

G

What works for apple, with it custom OS tailored for specific hardware is still no different than going to a vendor, such as BOXX tech for example, and getting a custom PC designed for a specific set of tasks.

You pay extra in return for a more stable system. However, make changes by adding untested hardware and software and you risk losing that guarantee. Even so, a simple OS update or software upgrade can cause issues. Technically, you should never change or update such a machine to maitain it's factory intregity, (which is ok if it's an edit suite and not a shared system or accessing the internet).

However, not all macs are task specific, and are used for general purpose. Which works in large part because your average user won't bother with changing the machine much. They will just use it as is.

So when you pay extra and expect stability in return, and it fails... especially when your the kind of person whose snubbed everything MS windows is for the very same reason...

Yeah, I'd would be angry too. Now I use both platforms, and I have XP boxes that have run for years without fail and macs that have not. What's good from all of this (and this also includes Vista), is that the high and mighty are capable of error, and will have to eat humble pie, get serious, and get back on track. (Even if that means they 'censor' some things or do a little PR work, and still have to eat their humble pie in the closet).

PC: "Mac, what happened?"
MAC: "Ah, it's just a scratch."
PC: "Just a Scratch? A body cast and in a wheel chair?"
MAC: "Dude, it's nothing, I had a little problem with an update...I'll be ok."
PC: "Look, if you want to talk about it, I fully understand..."
MAC: "PC, I don't want to talk about it-"
PC: "It's OK, I do understand-"
MAC: "Just drop it PC."
PC: "Hey, I-"
MAC: "I didn't make fun of you when you ugraded to Vista! Not drop it!"
PC: "Ok, ok. Take it easy. I'll give you some space and we'll chat later."

Status