mac virus infected browser

JRBM5717

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
How do I figure out where my mac is infected do i have to reformat my hard drive if nothing else works? basically what happened was i was in a rush to download this thing to help with school i believe it was called sound flower in any case my mac book pro became infected with mac keeper which after hours of scrubbing i think i was able to get ride of how ever my browser is riddles with pop ups and nothing i do seems to stop it. They are random and annoying I am at my wits end and i feel like my only options may be to hire someone or to reformat my hard rive which idk if either of those will work and advice?

Solution
I know nothing of Mac's, but your still infected with...something, probably adware. If your Browser supports addons and extensions such as toolbars, or alternate search engines, disable and uninstall these.

CelicaGT

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
I know nothing of Mac's, but your still infected with...something, probably adware. If your Browser supports addons and extensions such as toolbars, or alternate search engines, disable and uninstall these.

Solution