Macbook Air i5 or i7

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I was looking into getting a macbook air for travel, and lounging around the house. I didn't want to spend much on a macbook but I did want a mac. I also wanted something to bring with on vacations. I have chosen the 11 inch 128gb storage. I was wondering if it's worth it to get the i7. I will be doing virtually no gaming but if I were to I would just play Minecraft. Btw I will be getting 8gb of RAM regardless.

airplanegeek

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
If you use any applications that would benefit from a faster processor and you think its worth the extra cost, then go for it. If its just for light tasks then there is no real point. Minecraft won't run significantly better on an i7 as the limiting factor is probably the igpu, which is most likely the same for both cpus

flamefire999

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
The most intense program I would be using would be photoshopping people to make them look funny. That's why I chose the Air over the Pro. So you would recommend getting the i5 for what I would be doing? Also I'm starting to think that maybe I should get the standard config of the 13 inch. I did some research and I don't need 8gb of RAM for light use. The price would be the same.