News MacBook Air M2 vs Dell XPS 13 Plus: Which laptop wins?

Get Serious

Commendable
May 1, 2020
“the edge in thinness here, albeit by a matter of centimeters”
Centimeters? Might want to relook at that measurement.

Aug 7, 2022
Ummmm. The numbers in your performance table seem to not match what the article testing describes for the Adobe tests and SSD tests (wrong columns). I didn’t check the other tests but it seems like some numbers and conclusions might need to be cleaned up.

Last edited:

cny_ap

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2012
256gb air? It is known to have only one chip so it's 50% slower than the larger options.
Odd comparing OLED optional display against LCD.
Smaller display but still impressive that Dell has a fan and I assume heat pipes or heatsinc, yet weighs 99% same as Air2. Wish Apple had lightweight low speed/noise cooling system. I'll wait for updated pro models.
Apple OS is very annoying...give us Unix/windows style directories and File Explorer. It keeps me from buying the Air (I own a 9.7" iPad and iPhone 12 work phone, made $90k so far on apple investment, so hardly any I anti apple).

Alex Wawro

Senior Editor
Aug 8, 2022
Ummmm. The numbers in your performance table seem to not match what the article testing describes for the Adobe tests and SSD tests (wrong columns). I didn’t check the other tests but it seems like some numbers and conclusions might need to be cleaned up.

Yep that's my mistake, I accidentally swapped those two sets of data in the chart. Thanks for the heads-up! We've updated the story accordingly.

TRENDING THREADS