Solved! Macbook air or alienware m11x?

S1LEntxDAY

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
I need alaptop and im not sure which to get because im not that experienced with laptops so if someone could give me some pointers on which one that would be helpfull soon please

Solution
The first question is "What is it for?"

If it is for school, what does the school recommend for students with your major?

Otherwise, the m11x will be the more powerful system.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
The first question is "What is it for?"

If it is for school, what does the school recommend for students with your major?

Otherwise, the m11x will be the more powerful system.

Solution

trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Why just these two? There are many better options I think besides these two specific laptops. However, if you are set on one of these, I agree with hpfreak. The M11x is significantly mroe powerful, but you may prefer the Mac OS. If you have no preference to Mac over Windows I'd go with the M11x if it isn't much more.

finn281175

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
no real comparison between the two. chalk and cheese. different OS on both. one designed to be superthin and light and the other designed for gaming. have you really thought about what you need the laptop for? because if you just need it for web browsing, word processing etc you will be paying well over the odds for either of these.

MrBig55

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
With the macbook air's intergrated Intel HD 3000 graphics you won't be able to play any fun games like Crysis 2. So if you plan to game don't ever think about buying a mac and for it's price you can get 2 gaming laptops.