MacBook Air stuck at blue screen

ncrane83

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
I am looking for some help on narrowing down the issue. I just got this MBA knowing that it wasnt working, but i was hoping it was a simple matter of needing to reinstall the OS. It will boot to the apple logo and the loading circle. It takes forever for it get paste the logo screen, but then it gets stuck at a blue screen with a black cursor. The cursor moves around like it should but nothing else seems to function. I have since put Mac OS 10.6 on a flash drive and attempted to reinstall the OS. From what I have found online its either the HDD gone bad or the logic board. So if any one knows what it might be I will be very grateful for the help.

John Lin

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
Is it a brand new MBA or second hand? what model is it? usually they have MBA by the year, like MBA 13' early 2013.
Base on what you are telling us, I would suggest bring it to apple store.
If you like to try, you can get a external CD drive, should be around 25 bucks. Then buy the appropriate OSX from mac store, should be around 25 bucks. Then try installing OSX that way.

ncrane83

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Update: Using the shift key I got it to display a progress bar but it went away after about 3 quarters of the progress and then when it did finally go to a Blue screen I had no cursor this time and it was a lighter shade of blue