Question MacBook Pro A1502 model + Lost MacOS (no recovery partitions) and cannot boot MacOS USB drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2021
Hi,
I am newbie to MacBook Pro config world, so I own a used MacBook Pro A1502 model and I lost all MacOS volumes (no recovery partitions) and now cannot boot MacOS USB drive, to re-install it!

What to do now? please help (OPTION does not work anymore, Command + R also does not work anymore). Now i have Linux Manjaro and is working fine under MacBook Pro hardware!

Thanks and BR,
Mohee

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Hi,
I am newbie to MacBook Pro config world, so I own a used MacBook Pro A1502 model and I lost all MacOS volumes (no recovery partitions) and now cannot boot MacOS USB drive, to re-install it!

What to do now? please help (OPTION does not work anymore, Command + R also does not work anymore). Now i have Linux Manjaro and is working fine under MacBook Pro hardware!

Thanks and BR,
Mohee

Have you tried Shift-Option-Command-R?

Oct 8, 2021
Of course, all Shift and Other combinations all tried it but now my MacBook Pro does not sense any MacOS USB drive!
That's why I am posting here, because I have a very strange situation!

Oct 8, 2021
Thanks a lot. Great. I already have a MacOS Catalina 10.14.6 USB drive created by my friend macBook Pro and it worked for him, to boot it.
In my machine does not sense it at all. Of course linux can see and view the contents of this USB drive and it's not damaged at all
Bottom-line: looks like my MacBook Pro BIOS does not see my USB drive for some reason, two weeks back this was working fine!
Any new hints please?

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Thanks a lot. Great. I already have a MacOS Catalina 10.14.6 USB drive created by my friend macBook Pro and it worked for him, to boot it.
In my machine does not sense it at all. Of course linux can see and view the contents of this USB drive and it's not damaged at all
Bottom-line: looks like my MacBook Pro BIOS does not see my USB drive for some reason, two weeks back this was working fine!
Any new hints please?

Is the HDD partitioned? If the Linux install is taking up all of the hard drive and is formatted for that, that's possibly why. You would need to get the HDD or at least a portion of it back to Mac OS Extended format (HFS+).

Reactions: mjarada2021
Oct 8, 2021
Good news: i went today to apple support, even for them it was a big suprise the whole issue! Keyboard hardware issue and they fixed it, that’s why any bootable USB drive was not booting properly. Anyhow i have cleaned new Big Sur v11: fast and really awesome, i still like Linux as it is more customized op system than rigid and harsh MacOs!
Thanks for the help and this thread can be closed foe gooooods

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Good news: i went today to apple support, even for them it was a big suprise the whole issue! Keyboard hardware issue and they fixed it, that’s why any bootable USB drive was not booting properly. Anyhow i have cleaned new Big Sur v11: fast and really awesome, i still like Linux as it is more customized op system than rigid and harsh MacOs!
Thanks for the help and this thread can be closed foe gooooods

Awesome. Glad to hear that you were able to get it all sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.