Jbaboon

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014
Hi there,
I was wofnderingf if you guys can share some light on choosing between the new macbook pro 13" w/ retina or the 13" Macbook Air (Current Model)..
If i went with the Pro I would get the following spec:
2.7GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
16GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
Intel Iris Graphics 6100

If i went wit the Air my specs would be :
2.2GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
Intel HD Graphics 6000
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

As you can see, I get the better CPU and bigger flash drive with the air but I lose 8 gb of ram..
The price for both of them are approximately the same so its not playing a big effect on my decision making. All would be doing with the computer is school ( I am in information systems so half CS and half Business) . I play league of legends every now and then but thats about it for gaming.. I don't download movies because i have netflix. Im just curious to see which here would be the best bang for my buck . Or if I even need to upgrade the RAM or CPU and get a basic model of the pro.

Let me know what you guys think. Thank you in advance!

Solution
I would get the air as the things you are doing are very basic. The air is a good choice for anyone that just want a laptop for portability and doesn't need that much power.

The pro range is more for people that are video or image editors on the move.
I would get the air as the things you are doing are very basic. The air is a good choice for anyone that just want a laptop for portability and doesn't need that much power.

The pro range is more for people that are video or image editors on the move.

Solution