Macbook Pro with Retina Display vs. Razer Blade, which to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2canBen

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
I haven't read anything of this topic with the most recent specs, so i'm left wondering whats better for my needs.

I posted earlier that i needed something lightweight and only had a budget of 1300, if i wait longer it will go up so I decided I should. I can afford either laptop and unless you can suggest something more portable dont't suggest anything else.

Okay so let's begin with what i'm looking for. I need something that is good for 2D/3D animation, video editing, gaming, and something that I can travel with. My future is in Animation so that is top priority.

The models i'm looking at are:
15" Macbook Pro with Retina display - $2199.99

And the

17" Razer Blade (2nd gen/newest edition)

Solution
I would go with the mac, I Know the razer blade has a nice gtx 660m compared to the mac's gt 650m but the mac has a full retina display, its thinner, less than half the weight of the razer blade, has a better battery life, and is running osx mountain lion and you can boot camp it into windows.

Sam0oneau-1295699

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
I would go with the mac, I Know the razer blade has a nice gtx 660m compared to the mac's gt 650m but the mac has a full retina display, its thinner, less than half the weight of the razer blade, has a better battery life, and is running osx mountain lion and you can boot camp it into windows.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.