Macboom pro w/ retina or Asus something

RazerScorch

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
I am looking for a ultra book for school, and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions. I was the thinking macbook pro with retina or anything else -maybe asus g550 or something, but that's not as slim. Also I'd prefer a dedicated GPU and under $1400 thanks so much!

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
"If you are in a curriculum that requires a laptop then you might want to contact the school to see whats recommended. They might require a Mac for instance."

I am sorry, but I fail to see why OP wouldn't know he needed a Mac if that was the case. Also, it's for school, I doubt he'll be needing anything that's in OSX but not in windows, hell, even if he were going to college he wouldn't need one unless he was into iOS/OSX development (xcode).

popatim

Splendid
Lots of Freshman dont know what they need until after they get there. Often its simply because they didn't bother to read all the information they were given. Since we have no idea on his major or school of choice, I've found its best not to assume anything.

[off topic] Have you really never encountered a college requiring a specific computer?