Macrium Reflect issue.

kol12

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015
Hi,

For some reason tonight my scheduled full backup didn't start or so I thought. I checked my drive where the backups are stored and the weeks previous backups were still there. (I'm configured to do a full backup every Monday that deletes the previous weeks backups.)

I decided to run the backup manually and that was fine until I checked the backup drive again and the weeks previous backups were still there this time along with two full backups from today (Monday) So it seems that the auto backup did trigger today but was delayed in showing the image on the drive.. Macrium Reflect is reporting the last result as 0x00 Successful. I can't remember whether that's successful or an error..

Can I delete last weeks images that should of been deleted with today's full backup and then find out what went wrong? Thanks.

Solution
I would never delete an image or data under such circumstances.

If things have really gone bad that image may be all that you have.....

Best to hold on to the image until things are fixed and have worked for a couple of cycles.

Check Macrium's website FAQs' and forums. Contact their support for clarification regarding the error.

Check your computer logs via Event Viewer for any errors just before or at the time of the scheduled backups.

Is the system clock okay? Date/time errors can interfere with scheduled events.... Any problems with other scheduled events?

See what else you can learn or figure out. The time spent doing so may be much less than trying to do a full recovery. And you may learn more about your system while...
I would never delete an image or data under such circumstances.

If things have really gone bad that image may be all that you have.....

Best to hold on to the image until things are fixed and have worked for a couple of cycles.

Check Macrium's website FAQs' and forums. Contact their support for clarification regarding the error.

Check your computer logs via Event Viewer for any errors just before or at the time of the scheduled backups.

Is the system clock okay? Date/time errors can interfere with scheduled events.... Any problems with other scheduled events?

See what else you can learn or figure out. The time spent doing so may be much less than trying to do a full recovery. And you may learn more about your system while digging into things. That too is valuable.

Solution

kol12

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015

Thanks. That's probably a good idea to see what happens on the next cycle, if they are still accumulating or not triggering I will contact Macrium. System clock is correct.