Magical device that acts as HD AV hub?

tomoxilin

Estimable
Feb 23, 2014
I am aware of Av receivers, the big buck boxes that are designed for home theater systems with many speakers, but I am in dire need of something like this but not quite.
I am looking for something that acts as an audio visual hub for my desk with multiple input outputs (spdif optical, coaxial, hdmi, maybe component) that I can connect, for example;

Pc HDMI and analog audio to said thing,
PS4 HDMI and optical audio to said thing,
Mobile audio (rca analog 3.5mm) to said thing,
Said thing to HDMI monitor or 2,
Said thing to headset (optical input),
Said thing to stereo computer speakers

All with the ability to switch and control inputs with the optional plus of having a remote...

So is there such a thing? Have I just been searching with the wrong keywords and there is a magical device like this?

Solution

tomoxilin

Estimable
Feb 23, 2014

My budget sadly would be close to the $100 and downwards mark
and also since its for a desk pc setup I don't really want it to be a big TV cabinet box....

tomoxilin

Estimable
Feb 23, 2014

Oh...... well I'm glad you said, how about this? http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Premium-Digital-Surround-VHD-4X2AA3Ds/dp/B0031SWDKI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_23_5?&ie=UTF8&refRID=1Y2JWR7F7A8XSJH4AH33

USAFRet

Illustrious

Yeah, that might work. I have no experience with that particular thing, though.

tomoxilin

Estimable
Feb 23, 2014

Oh ok well thanks for your help anyway. Do you know of an alternative, or a cheapish reciever?

USAFRet

Illustrious

Looking on Amazon, AV receivers start at about $200-$250. Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon...

tomoxilin

Estimable
Feb 23, 2014

Yeah thats the unfortunate part, I guess I was just hopeful that there would be maybe like a monoprice splitter thing that was a compromise....

USAFRet

Illustrious

If it was only HDMI, then a splitter/switcher would work.
You're looking to combine multiple input types.

Solution