Make Snappier Vids, Use This Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Is it just me or do other think this review is poorly researched. The idea is good. But the review picks a $30 to a $99 product. Once the review looked at TMPGEnc at $99, I seriously question the authors judgment and purpose of the review. There are many other products that are cheaper and could provide better overall solution. I am not biased against TMPGEnc. I actually own it along with many other video editing packages, but if the purpose is a low cost easy to use editing package this would not be the first or second choice. When I read this review it sounds like the purpose of the review was to attack Apple's licensing issue which is fine, but if thats the case then just be upfront about it rather then packaging it as some kind of legit review.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
Hi Kito,

Thanks for your comment. Would love to see your suggestions of more comparable video suites to QuickTime Pro.

All the best,
Rachel Rosmarin
Editor, Tom's Guide

G

Sony's Vegas Movie Studio is generally available for $89.99 or even less, and is basically a full-featured video production tool.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Agreed. VirtualDub has been a wonderful program and helped me with loads of projects. If we are having a look at $30 and $90 software, why not throw free in there even if just to show that the interface isn't quite as friendly but has similar if not better functionality in many cases.

I didn't mind the article, but think it left out an important segment of the market.

G

Movavi Video Converter - Personal - $29.95
set preset to Youtube
http://movavi.com/videoconverter/
Download Free Trial

G

*Do it online ...
Movavi Video Converter -online

YouTube 320x240 size

iPod video 320x240 (.mp4)
YouTube is now limited to 10 minute videos
http://online.movavi.com/

G

I think it's funny how the first comment is "Anonymous" and the next by "TGRachel" refers to the previous commenter as "Kito".

burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
wouldn't it have made sense to put the newest build of windows movie maker in there just for the hell of it?
Also since Adobe is the (seemingly) industry leader, it would have been cool to have a look at what features premier pro includes that the others don't. and like the other guys say, a freeware solution would have been pretty cool as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.