Making a complete copy of firefox to transfer over to fresh install of windows 7 pro.

Ninja_Commander

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
Been meaning to upgrade my pc recently so I have been doing that the last few days, but I was wondering how to make a complete copy of firefox. Mainly cause it has some of my password to some sites, but the problem is the browser doesn't have it saved password, yet it still works. Yeah work that out.

But anyways, I need to make a complete copy of this. So where do I find the files that I need to copy and do they have to be in the same places as before?

Solution
Your entire Firefox profile (bookmarks, extensions, passwords et al) is stored in your Firefor profile, under C:\Users\<yourself>\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles. Here you'll see a folder called <something>.default. Copy that folder over to your new install.

Once you install Firefox, follow this Mozilla guide about how to switch your profile.s

Paul NZ

Admirable
Should have installed the password exporter addon, then you can save them.

But if there are no passwords, you'll have to put them in again

And I doubt it if it'll work if you copy everything. Entries wont go into the registry. So it may not work properly

It MAY work if you reinstalled Firefox the other folders will be in C:\users\yourname\appdata folder

Your entire Firefox profile (bookmarks, extensions, passwords et al) is stored in your Firefor profile, under C:\Users\<yourself>\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles. Here you'll see a folder called <something>.default. Copy that folder over to your new install.

Once you install Firefox, follow this Mozilla guide about how to switch your profile.s

Solution