Mall Has Kids Skype Santa Instead of Visiting in Person

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
In the year 2080, Christmas is no longer celebrated as the birth of Jesus Christ but the coming of Santa.

Christmas will loose all its religious meaning and it will become a purely commercial celebration.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]digiex[/nom]In the year 2080, Christmas is no longer celebrated as the birth of Jesus Christ but the coming of Santa.Christmas will loose all its religious meaning and it will become a purely commercial celebration.[/citation]
You realize that happened years ago right? Jesus wasn't even born around christmas, and most of the christmas symbols have nothing to do with christianity anyway, I mean really a pine tree, where would you ever find a pine tree Bethlehem?

G

While skimming the headlines I read this article as "Mall Has Kids Skype Santa Instead of Visiting in Prison". Just thought I would share :)

apercu

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Great... another job soon to be outsourced to a foreign county... jk :D
Since we're talking about the commercialization of Christmas... I wonder if they'll eventually take this into the direction of having a paid service so parents can have their kids Skype with Santa straight from home. Parents then don't have to deal with all the hustle with getting to the mall around Holiday time and all that jazz...

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]apercu[/nom]Great... another job soon to be outsourced to a foreign county... jk Since we're talking about the commercialization of Christmas... I wonder if they'll eventually take this into the direction of having a paid service so parents can have their kids Skype with Santa straight from home. Parents then don't have to deal with all the hustle with getting to the mall around Holiday time and all that jazz...[/citation]
Eventually, Black Friday and year-end clearance sales will be the holidays, not Christmas and New Years Eve.

G

Well at least there's gunna be a lot less kids runnign around the Eaton Center, thank god. (i go to school next to it)

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Retailers have been doing everything they can to make Christmas absolutely unbearable since the mid 90's but eliminating the Mall Santa is something I have a hard time with.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]In a few years, technology will allow Santa to be outsourced to overseas call centers.[/citation]
Since Santa lives at the the North Pole, wouldn't a call center in any country, including the US, be outsourcing?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]digiex[/nom]Christmas will [strike]loose[/strike] lose all its religious meaning and it will become a purely commercial celebration.[/citation]

I don't know about losing religious meanings, but most of English speakers have already lost their ability to distinguish between lose/loose, your/you're, their/they're and so on. At this point, I don't give a $h!t about religion (in fact, I'd love it to disappear from people's lives), I just want everyone to proof-read their posts... doesn't your browser have a spell checker? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.