Malware, Adware, Virus? I don't what this is but it won't go away.

Jathrynn

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
I seem to have some kind of adware or malware on my PC, and no matter what i do i cant get rid of it. Its seems to target not just normal ads, but embedded videos and even some comment sections on web-comics I like to read. Everything will load normally for about a second, but then it "unloads" and is replaced with generic not fooling anyone ads that say stuff like, "You must sign-in to view this content" or "Your player is out of date, update now."

I've tried everything I could think of to solve this problem, and even I few things i didn't know about, but found online. I've gone through a few different antivirus programs and malware/adware programs (AVG, Avast, McAfee, Malwarebytes, JTR, Hitmanpro to name a few that I can remember) and they all say there are no threats on my pc. I tried a safe mode boot and then scanned.....no threats. I've even tried to reinstall Windows 10....twice. The first time solved the problem...for about a week or two. Then chrome started getting ads again....so I tried out Firefox. Ads were gone, yay! Few days later, ads. Second time i reinstalled, ads from the get go.

I'm really starting to get frustrated by this....I cant visit some of my favorite sites any more since video embeds get hijacked so I cant watch anything and I've lost contact with one of my favorite communities online since I can't get comments sections to load. I can stop the ads themselves no problem, an ad-blocker takes care of that, but it doesn't stop the website's original content from being replaced. Anyone know what this could be and how to take care or it? Perhaps I skipped a step in some of the solutions above that I tried causing it to fail to take of the problem? I'm open to trying anything new or anything I've done again and can provide screenshot of stuff if it helps. I just want to get back to normal internet browsing again =(.