Malware on new HP's

Kenbenski

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
I need an new laptop and have been doing extensive research on those that I can afford right now ($600 or less) and a few HP's stand out. I've never owned an HP before but several online recourses and hundreds of owner reviews indicate that it is a company with good computer build and customer service. However, I have read more than a few comments stating that some new HP's right out of the box have viruses, malware and trojans. That doesn't sound like a reliable company to me. Has anyone else heard about this happening or had it happen to them. I've always used the windows installed software along with free online antivius programs like AVG, Malwarebytes and PCDecrapifier to clean and protect my computers but some of the crap that's in these new HP's seem to be unremovable. Should I proceed with an HP purchase irregardless and hope for the best or should I lower my wish list for the specs and features I'd like and look elsewhere? (*Note. I'm aware that an new Asus or Lenovo at my pricepoint would be pretty barebones. I prefer new as I've been burned on refurbs before and I'm done with Toshiba's as my family has gone thru 3 in as many years.) Thanks in advance for any advice.

Solution
New systems bought from HP do not come infected. If you buy through some sort of third party who opens the system and installs additional items then who knows. Every HP machine I have bought has been clean. They do come with trial or other items I delete as I do not use or want them.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
New systems bought from HP do not come infected. If you buy through some sort of third party who opens the system and installs additional items then who knows. Every HP machine I have bought has been clean. They do come with trial or other items I delete as I do not use or want them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS