Malwarebytes finds this?

Mark_1970

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015
c:\windows\system32\tasks\windowsmediasharing . This has come up on the last few scans. Quarantined it but keeps reappearing. Says it's a trojan/downloader. Win 7 64 bit

Solution
"Obviously the setup is somewhere initializing again. This is what i need to target . If only i could find that"

Look for related entries in the Registry - - - that's usually the source of persistent software/malware.

Use the "Find" tool in the Registry but be careful not to delete anything which shouldn't be.

A full system backup image before messing with the Registry is advisable.
Have you downloaded any software for streaming? Or some software for sharing media?

If so, first try disabling it from Startup if present. Otherwise just uninstall.

Software may be creating the path and perhaps doing something else on the side....

Mark_1970

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015

Did all what it said in that malwarebytes link. But when i remove it, it only comes back again on the next scan. Obviously the setup is somewhere initializing again. This is what i need to target . If only i could find that

"Obviously the setup is somewhere initializing again. This is what i need to target . If only i could find that"

Look for related entries in the Registry - - - that's usually the source of persistent software/malware.

Use the "Find" tool in the Registry but be careful not to delete anything which shouldn't be.

A full system backup image before messing with the Registry is advisable.

Solution