Malwares & adwares keep coming back?!

Eryc__

Estimable
Jan 13, 2016
I scanned my pc with malware bytes, it removed 78 harmfull files and i had to rr my pc, i did do that.

After 15 mins of my pc being restarted i scanned again and there's 10 more of the same concept and name malwares...

what do i do? I removed them from the quarantine tab also...

They keep coming back. I'm lost...

ThatVietGuy

Distinguished
Sometimes viruses and malware get installed into your system and you'll have to go through Programs and Features and uninstall them first before scanning with something like Malwarebytes and a virus scanner to thoroughly get rid of them.

Eryc__

Estimable
Jan 13, 2016

There's no viruses in programs & features, i uninstalled everything useless there.

-Arke-

Estimable
Dec 26, 2015
I had to clean my family's laptop and it was a hell There were banners even in the destkop. I swear I've never seen anything like that before. Firefox launching was taking 11 clock mins. I tried many things, but Revo Uninstaller (free software) was a heaven blessing. You may try this before scanning again with malwarebytes. It's quite simple to use; you can check the program list OR just drag the "killer" into a banner or something. It will uninstall it and clean the registry if possible. If not, it will show you the path, so you will able to delete them by your bare hands.

I wish you the best of lucks: It took a time for me, but it worked. I did not format anything, just clean it and now it's fully functional :)

EDIT:
Yes, formating will delete everything in your hard drive. You can save a copy of anything important (photos, musics, whatever...) and re-download the things you have already. I got myself every single installer I need in a new bran computer, uploaded to my dropbox. This way, I need to install the dropbox itself and then use it to install anything else : )

Eryc__

Estimable
Jan 13, 2016
[/code]

"cmdidx" "pluswarm"

Something like that... and some different ones with majestic names.

They return to registry and stuff like that after i clean them out of there...

Eryc__

Estimable
Jan 13, 2016

I used IOBit uninstaller, i used it before it work fluently, not on this tho... i don't want 200 malware removal softwares on my PC.

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
Run malwarebytes again. Before finish, look at the details. What you want to write down is any and all roots like c:/crap adds etc that you know should not be a part of your system. Then open up MyComputer, C:, and start searching for stuff with the same name. Open up program Files, start menu, services etc looking for stuff that shouldn't be there. Use CCleaner (piriform.com) to wipe out any and all temp directories. Lastly, you'll need to go into your registry. From windows-run type in regedit, then under my pc search for crappadds. Hit F3 to search for the next and delete any and all references, taking note of any extra names that crappadds refers to and search/delete those too.

The biggest problem with any malware/virus removal tool is its limitations, malware writers are always 1 step ahead and write honest programs that setup repeating malware. If you don't get rid of the root program, it'll keep starting over, reinfecting the pc with new malware. Just be warned, however, be very careful about messing around with the registry, make a full backup before any adjustments.

geofelt

Distinguished
Be careful where you download malwarebytes from.

Some likely looking sites add in their own malware.

Try running the Microsoft malicious software removal tool.

Use msconfig to see the startup list. Uncheck those known to be bad.
Research those apps that you do not recognize.

Eryc__

Estimable
Jan 13, 2016

I'm aware that i downloaded it from the right site. A senior moderator of this site linked it, and i also did my own research on it.

And yes, i've done the msconfig thing, it looks good but they seem to be reappearing, haven't appeared for me in a while for now however.

coozie7

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2007
Some of that stuff can be a REAL pain to get rid of, plenty of people I know just gave up, formatted their drives and reinstalled everything from scratch, it's a brutal way of doing it but very effective.
Quite a lot of this crud lives in your Temp folders, an easy way to clear them out is to use something like Ccleaner to clear them out then use the Windows disc cleaner tool to finally erase any surviving temporary files.
Once that is done run full virus and malware scans to clear out the remaining garbage.

A few tips to keep yourself infection free:

Never open an unknown E-mail, no matter who it says it's from, no matter how legit it seems, if you don't know the sender or aren't expecting a communication from them either junk it or contact them directly, by phone.
Never click on any window or box that opens unless YOU have commanded it to appear/open, we've all seen those little boxes that pop up telling us our system is riddled with nasties or our drivers are outdated, if one of those appears: CTRL+ALT+DEL to Task Manager, close down your browser from there, then run Ccleaner to get rid of the cookies that will redirect you to the same place.
If you download anything, photos, software, music, ANTHING, scan it with your AV software before you open it or unzip it, even trusted sites get hacked.
Stay away from Torrent sites and those tempting...Artistic places that are keen to show you the naked female (or male) form in all its various glories.
Create another user profile with limited authority, a lot of nasties need Administrator privileges to install or run, do your browsing with this profile to keep them at bay.

Eryc__

Estimable
Jan 13, 2016

Seems to be good now, both checks with ccleaner and malwarebytes don't find anything. There's nothing suspicious in my registry, or msconfig.

rimmy13

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
please install malware bytes antimalware on your computer and run it. once scanning will be completed then you need to go ahead and run hitman pro on your computer and reboot your computer.
your will be malware and adware free and this will start working fine.

Eryc__

Estimable
Jan 13, 2016

I did, it only found one, deleted it though.