Man Arrested for Airport 'Bomb Threat' Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
yup, make a stupid comment without thinking and there is a good chance you will regret it....especially if said stupid comment concerns an airport and a bomb.

G

Wow we are just a little bit too paranoid these days. It seems the terrorist have already won..

djackson_dba

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]anon352969[/nom]Wow we are just a little bit too paranoid these days. It seems the terrorist have already won..[/citation]

So... bomb threats are legal where you live?

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
'Do you understand why this is happening?' and saying, 'It is the world we live in'.

I kinda take that as even the cops think the situation was stupid!

Is obviously not even an attempted hoax or even a pretend hoax...

"The world we live in" is fast becoming Captain paranoia's paradise (or worst nightmare).

What happened to common sense, where we now get people saying things like:

Yes, indeed. He was really arrested for stupidity.

To such a situation as this - where he OBVIOUSLY meant jokingly (KNOWING nature was kinda having a hand in things – Lots of Snow):

"Pull it together lads, I want to get away on holiday in a week! ;)"

or even tamer:

"oh Jolly Gosh, I do hope the snow clears up in time for my little jaunt over to the Emerald Isle!"

What IDIOT member of the public would Really take that Twitter and report him. THAT person needs counselling in common sense!!!

Jees people, get your heads screwed back on PLEASE

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
So... bomb threats are legal where you live?

So you actually believe a Twitter like that is REALLY a bomb threat.

Come on, it was not even delivered to any relevant party…

Have you been staking Stupid pills of something???

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
just great! now any trace of real terrorist online chatter will cease and only civilians will get arrested for silly comments. what they're trying to tell you is if u wana do smthg bad... keep it to yourself ,stupid paranoid governments.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Pailin[/nom]What happened to common sense[/citation]

common sense dictates that you don't make bomb threats. All he could have said was "eff this airport, eff the snow". hell common sense says he should have protected his tweets from strangers but he couldn't even do that.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
What bomb threat, bomb threats are usually just that - used mainly by the IRA to get people they Don't want killed out of the building.

Real terrorist threats are the bombs themselves - They DO NOT usually warn the target - Hence almost Never is a Bomb Threat with the terrorists of today.

This was a twitter that did not get delivered to the airport or police right...?

Any halfwit can see he was talking jokingly about the Weather.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]common sense dictates that you don't make bomb threats. All he could have said was "eff this airport, eff the snow". hell common sense says he should have protected his tweets from strangers but he couldn't even do that.[/citation]

common sense tells you that ppl dont go blowing up airports cos they can't use them due to weather conditions .... even if they post it as a comment .....

djackson_dba

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Pailin[/nom]What IDIOT member of the public would Really take that Twitter and report him. THAT person needs counselling in common sense!!!Jees people, get your heads screwed back on PLEASE[/citation]

What is wrong with having this checked out? Would you feel the same if you had loved ones flying out of that airport? We have the benefit of hindsight where inforamation is available because someone checked out.

G

"So... bomb threats are legal where you live?"

Bomb threats, no they are not legal. But it's sad when such a tweet is actually considered a "bomb threat". This paranoid society is going downhill fast and people like you aren't helping.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
indeed

Hopefully common sense will pull through.

The Apple shop one, yeah that was Stupid, and effectivly a "delivered threat" --- barely.

This was a Tweet and not delivered Anywhere. The person reporting him needs their head examined.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
The rule is simple: No bomb threats - joking or not. That's the way it works (for good reason). You don't get to make a personal decision about it.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Pailin[/nom]What bomb threat, bomb threats are usually just that - used mainly by the IRA to get people they Don't want killed out of the building.Real terrorist threats are the bombs themselves - They DO NOT usually warn the target - Hence almost Never is a Bomb Threat with the terrorists of today.This was a twitter that did not get delivered to the airport or police right...?Any halfwit can see he was talking jokingly about the Weather.[/citation]

conclusion: always type the word "JOKING or Just kidding/JK" at the end of every threat you type.
example: "I KILL YOU /JK" .....it can save your life. /JK

djackson_dba

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Pailin[/nom]So you actually believe a Twitter like that is REALLY a bomb threat. Come on, it was not even delivered to any relevant party…Have you been staking Stupid pills of something???[/citation]

Not sure what I said to deserve an insult from you. I believe that threats like this one should be looked into regardless of the medium used to record them.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
What is wrong with having this checked out? Would you feel the same if you had loved ones flying out of that airport? We have the benefit of hindsight where inforamation is available because someone checked out.

You seriously think a personal tweet of:

"Robin Hood airport is closed," he tweeted. "You've got a week and a bit to get your shit together, otherwise I'm blowing the airport sky high!!"

needed LOTS of wasted Police time to investigate???

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
toms hardware u better have better articles or i am gonna blow it up sky high. lol
(are u telling me that i am going to get into trouble for this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.