Man Blames Google Street View for Robbery

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
"Street View has infiltrated 20 countries without any known increase in crime as a result."

nice choice of words with infiltrated. Makes you think that they landed on the beach at Normandy undetected.

metalmania31

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Sounds like he looking for something to blame but himself for not locking the garage. Someone walking by could see the same thing.

a-nano-moose

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
[citation][nom]mianmian[/nom]Why his washing machine was not stolen?[/citation]
Have you tried to ride a washing machine? You would be caught before you reached the end of the driveway.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]a-nano-moose[/nom]Have you tried to ride a washing machine? You would be caught before you reached the end of the driveway.[/citation]

But it's so much more fun

=D

G

its the start of the road and the bike is not very clear at all you need to zoom in and would have to be looking for it - i dont think there is a case

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
It's one thing to take pictures of a vulnerable subject (house, valuables, teenage girls, etc.) and it's another to distribute those to a world inhabited by criminals and sickos. Google street view is awesome, but I'm sure they can afford to hire someone to filter the photos.

Legal, you have an expectation of privacy in your home, and a split second open photograph of your garage while leaving home may not be conclusive but invites a 4th Amendment lawsuit to settle the issue. Maybe a Supreme Court decision will make everyone happy? Doubt it....

jamie_macdonald

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Lol, i bet this guys would argue in a public space that he should be able to take photography ....Not so easy to swallow on the other side of the fence eh! ...What a "donut".

SueMania ... Modern Life summed up (for some greedy idiots anyway).

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
HELP! Someone stole my house because it was on Street View. Anyone here care to help scan thousands and thousands and thousands of miles of terrain via Google Earth to help me look for it?

On yer bike! Mr. Rayner.

Status
Not open for further replies.