Man Pleads Guilty Selling Fake Chips to Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
If lose lips sinks ships, and what happens to all the seamen? These guys are going to find out!!! just kidding :) They in all likelihood will end up in some federal resort style penitentiary and serve out the sentence playing racquetball.

My personal feeling is these guys should be punished hard, but knowing how broken the system is they will receive very light punishment.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I dont give a crap about him selling those to the US navy cause US navy spends way much more to way more things.. The reason why i hope he gets screwed for this is cause I can only imagine how many poor small stores or whatever he has sol those to and got away with..

shadow187

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
The Department of Justice said that the trio performed the operation under various names including MVP Micro, Red Hat Distributors, Force-One Electronics and Pentagon Components.
I didn't know it wasn't real potato chips until I read that.

G

and it took two years for the navy to figuire it out? i can deal with stupid individuals, but i start to worry when it involves the military being stupid

maxpain12

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Hmmm....Do I see third world corruption seeping into the U.S Navy? Question is did they catch it abroad or is it home grown? Come on there was got to be an insider in this.

mharris80

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
[citation][nom]je5us[/nom]and it took two years for the navy to figuire it out? i can deal with stupid individuals, but i start to worry when it involves the military being stupid[/citation]

This is a perfect example of beaurocracy in action. Too many people behind desks slows the entire system to a crawl. It's like that all throughout the government.

G

[citation][nom]tmike[/nom]Pringles.[/citation]
Or peel and bake potatoes yourself!
Perhaps purchase large quantities of cheaper noname branded chips,and design bags of some known brands, but that process in itself would hardly bring any profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.