Man Robs GameStop for 100 Copies of MW2

Status
Not open for further replies.

brother shrike

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
This is pretty old news, but still pretty funny.

But seriously, IW screwed over MW2 and PC gamers, we all know it, now let's stop hearing about it. None of us are going to buy it, so why do we need to hear about it?

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Yeah the game is crap, I have it. There is always a person seriously dragging every one else down with really bad ping or hosting the game with really bad ping or you just get dropped back to the lobby by their shitty pairing system and then you have to start all over again. When that happens you see every single person drop out of all the games literally. That is what literally means by the way "SOMETHING THAT IS TRUE!" LMAO.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]nonxcarbonx[/nom]Nothing about that sentence is literal.[/citation]
You just have to read between the lines. Clearly tomshardware is saying he stole the games because he was freezing his hands and the game is (as they say) literally hot.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]nonxcarbonx[/nom]Nothing about that sentence is literal.[/citation]

The term 'hot item' is often used to describe stolen/black market goods which are known, i.e. a rich man has his unique watch stolen, that's now a 'hot watch'; if you try to pawn it you could get in trouble.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]bogcotton[/nom]The term 'hot item' is often used to describe stolen/black market goods which are known, i.e. a rich man has his unique watch stolen, that's now a 'hot watch'; if you try to pawn it you could get in trouble.[/citation]
So it is literally figuratively hot?

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]bogcotton[/nom]The term 'hot item' is often used to describe stolen/black market goods which are known, i.e. a rich man has his unique watch stolen, that's now a 'hot watch'; if you try to pawn it you could get in trouble.[/citation]
Well done, sir. You are correct.

Hot, besides referring to a state of temperature, can also characterize something recently stolen or smuggled, such as "hot merchandise" or "a hot car."

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
A literally hot item would be at a very high temperature. An item that is prone to being stolen is not literally hot unless you're stealing a freshly cooked steak or something.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]dephiance[/nom]I don't understand why grammar police comment so much here.[/citation]
I don't see one comment about grammar. Unless if by grammar, you don't mean grammar.

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
So if you see somebody trying to sell off 99 copies of MW2 (keeps one for himself), you might have a pretty good idea of who that is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.