Man Sends Camera Into Space to Take Cool Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
This is what NASA will be reduced to if the current administration has their way with the budget.

But definite kudos to this guy for taking the initiative to build his own psuedo spacecraft. I admire people who can do incredible things on low budget using elbow grease and their own ingenuity.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Ok I have to admit. I thought that this was going to be a rich dude who spent a ton of money.... That is freaking awesome.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Soon the Earth's atmosphere would be filled with high-altitude balloon. Everyone with a digi cam could try one of this trick.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Luckily for us they come back down to earth instead of floating around like space junk...

I'm going to have to try this some time.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Eh... why do people have to be negative. Great photo's. Doing this would freak me out. For some reason I get nervous when "I" put something high up in the air, worried if it's gonna hit someone... like a kite, when it comes down. Guess that's a phobia of mine.

G

If you try this at home, don't forget to consult the FAA or other local airspace agency.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
How dare he NOT post it up on Instructables ;) (I looked, couldn't find it). Anyways, kudos to him. I wonder what controller he used, by the looks of it I'm guessing an Arduino?

hundert

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
750 dollas ist still alot for 1 try.

22 miles!!!

22 miles is no space! SATELLITES ARE THOUSANDS MILES HIGH!

Look at the pictures, the earth is barely curved. This is only twice as high as airplanes fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
V Streaming Video & TVs 7
G Streaming Video & TVs 6
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 7
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 3