Man Shoots Up Apple Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
well, at least you managed to squeeze a few words about that woman's condition at the end... WTF, we are supposed to care more about a living creature than an iShit overheating...
my 2 cents

G

Sounds like more of a 3gs bash story than an attempted murder one.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]doc70[/nom]well, at least you managed to squeeze a few words about that woman's condition at the end... WTF, we are supposed to care more about a living creature than an iShit overheating...my 2 cents[/citation]
We already care more about animals than human beings. Why not tech?

gcolefla

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2007
yeah i agree with doc70. I thought the girl wasn't hurt at all, tell us about the people's condition first and then about whatever else.

G

why is this article more concerned about overheating issues(which may or may not be realted in the slightest) than the actual event?

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
As much as i hate Apple this article is in poor taste, someone has been shot and all the authur can comment on is the fact the new iPhones overheat?

G

Well maybe ask her what they were talking about before shooting, DUUUH.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
lawl? Like others stated, the author seemed to prefer ridiculing the new iphone's issues over someone's potential near death experience....for all we know she cheated on that guy and he shot her in the shoulder, he didn't actually shoot up the store if he shot a "person".
This article is stupidly misleading and uninformative.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
He was just explaining his joke about the burnt hands... and I think the title goes great with the article, its a figure of speech, jeez you guys are harsh!

I'm curious what his (the shooter) motives were though.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
As I logged into Tom's this afternoon, I was actually thinking about how I was glad the fake/joke entries were gone. Then I read this one, and couldn't help but notice the fun being made.

Some guy just randomly shot an Apple store employee. This is both scary and ridiculous. This story just goes into a big list of random shootings that keep happening all over this country, where some nut job just goes in shooting at everyone for whatever reason.

Yet the article makes fun of police K-9's coming up "empty pawed" and talks about the suspect having burned hands from his iPhone even though there is no factual support that the guy even has an issue with an iPhone to begin with.

This is not journalism. I just keep hoping for more from Toms.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]doc70[/nom]well, at least you managed to squeeze a few words about that woman's condition at the end... WTF, we are supposed to care more about a living creature than an iShit overheating...my 2 cents[/citation]
Mac fan boys were more worried about the iPhone 3GS stock, obviously.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Lol, I know. Some man shows up to an Apple store and shoots a 26-year old female employee and all this speculation about an overheating iPhone. You really think that was the motive for attempted murder? It could of been that she was his ex or some sort of relationship gone bad but the first thing Tom's Hardware wants to explain is the overheating iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.