Man Suffocates Baby Over Gaming Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
Sadly, it's not exactly rare to hear of a father or mother accidentally suffocating their baby because they were sleeping in the same bed as the kid. It was wrong of him to try and hide the truth but it's still very tragic accident. Poor guy.

G

however anti-gaming groups will definitely have a field day with this report.

Especially with the title you gave this article...WTF?

G

Interesting artical writer . . . you've chosen to focus on the Xbox as the cause of this problem . . yet somehow ignored the illegal substance he stayed up all night smoking . . .

So . . let me guess, you toke, but you don't play Xbox . . . Are all people from Tomshardware anti Microsoft? You germans disgust me. Go smoke a joint.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Some peoples might think it's a sad history... but I can't do anything else than laughing at idiocy, hypocrisy and young adult incompetence...

All the young girls searching for good guys... while dating idiots... HA!!!!

omenowl

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
In almost all cases where a parent rolls over onto their child drugs or alcohol are involved. Statistically if you remove the drugs and alcohol you find the difference in death rates between sleeping in the bed and sleeping in the crib are negligible. I feel sorry for the man accidently killing his daughter.

dhowie

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Obviously by accident, when is the last time you saw someone smoking pot become violent. You need alcohol for that. Hmmmm.

G

If the XBOX didn't exist, he wouldn't have done the all nighter, but instead looked for a job the next day,and this all could have been avoided!

Get rid of the games, I'd say! :-D

BTW, I'm doing this to get more than 20 thumbs down,if I can't gather 21 thumbs down, you all suck, and should smash your gaming systems with a hammer!

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Weed didn't kill the baby. Games didn't kill the baby.

The dude rolled over her while unconscious. He shouldn't have fell asleep next to her like that, but at the same time, I doubt it was his intention. It didn't get absolutely horrible until the part where he tried to cover it up.

superoxide

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
What if he's such a hard sleeper that he wouldn't have waken up even if he hadn't smoked? What if he needs 2 alarms to wake up? (I know people who need special "ultra-loud" alarms to wake up cause 4 doesn't even work)

This article is biased and the author appears to have a lacking in reasoning/logic skills.
Kevin Parrish is only attempting to discredit cannabis users and doesn't realise that alcoholics do the same on a much more regular basis; they also do other bad things: like beat their wives and children, which cannabis, and tobacco users, are not known to do as a result of their habits.

One of his siblings was probably an addict and he's only seeking to "get back at" other users cause he's a twat.

burfordg

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
"Man Suffocates Baby Over Gaming Marathon" That's a very, very misleading title. What does this have to do with video gaming? I mean, if he'd spent all day at the basketball court, it wouldn't be an article about video games. He was exhausted and using an illegal substance at the time; those should be blamed, not the video gaming.

bgaimur

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I don't know why the focus is shifted to blaming someone in particular. Either way, the man lost his daughter and his freedom all in one fell swoop. I feel bad for the wife... I can't imagine what agony it must be to lose a child in such a way.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Tragic, the guy shouldn't do time for falling asleep on his child, his punishment is already greater than any prison, but the cover-up will probably land him in the clink.

G

I don't know why the focus is shifted to blaming someone in particular.
They should not blame anyone, I mean when I go drinking and drive home if I hit someone its going to be an accident, I should not be blamed for that; I wont mean to hit someone. I am sure he didnt mean suffocate his child after smoking pot and staying up all night, so its ok; hes hurt enough...

I do not understand people with that kind of thinking. The focus is shifted to blaming someone because a baby was killed; and we do not live in a magical land where bad things just happen and no one is to blame and nothing can be done to prevent them.

A parent has a legal and moral obligation to watch after their child, and doing stupid shit that leads to their death should not be tolerated by society.

This man did something stupid and preventable and now a child is dead. It does not matter that it was accidental suffocation, or an accidental car crash, or an accidental shooting; the end is the same.

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]superoxide[/nom]This article is biased and the author appears to have a lacking in reasoning/logic skills.Kevin Parrish is only attempting to discredit cannabis users and doesn't realise that alcoholics do the same on a much more regular basis; they also do other bad things: like beat their wives and children, which cannabis, and tobacco users, are not known to do as a result of their habits.[/citation]
I think you're biased towards weed and tobacco. While people who are high are not known to do such things, when those same people AREN'T high; they can be dangerous people. My sister dated a pot head. Granted, he didn't just do pot, but whenever he wasn't high, he'd beat the crap out of her because he was in withdrawels. Nothing that impairs your body is good for you. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.